Wednesday 31 December 2008

The end of another year.. the beginning of something new!

After a long time of blog silence I will try to pick up where I left off.. There has been so many things going on for the last 3 weeks and I've hardly been at home, and when I have, I have been hungover! hahah.. It's hard to live the rock n' roll lifestyle, but hey, someone has to do it!
I had a few crazy party weeks before Christmas, and then had a quiet Christmas with my parents. None of us a really big fans of the whole Christmas stress, so we just had some good food and bought our own gifts, like we've done for the last few years! I know it's not very exciting, but at least you always get what you want.. I bought a skirt, a jacket and some new headphones. The day after Christmas was the most fun I've had in a long time.. We went for a long walk on the beach in the morning and then had a traditional Christmas lunch in the afternoon. Traditinal danish Christmas lunch of course includes snaps.. Probably one of the most dangerous drinks on the planet along with Tequila! Danes use it as an excuse during December to do all sorts of stupid stuff.. Like sleeping with your co-workers, cheating on your partner, getting into fist fights! Yes, I know we are a very sofisticated people! I must say that I really like snaps, its one of my favourites along with Champagne, Sake and Tequila, it's probably the best buzz I get. I become really happy and don't really feel that drunk, though I am, and denial is a wonderful thing when you are a bit of a control freak!
So back to the lunch, We started eating around 3.30 pm, and I was put to bed by my parents around 8 pm, after an hour of them having to listen to me being really setimental and loving! All thanks to the snaps, which I handle so well. I guess it was because me parents have really been there for me after my separation, and the snaps really wanted me to tell them! And when the snaps wants to say something, there ain't no stopping it!
Last night I went to this really cool new years party at my friends Linda and Kaspers place. I don't know them that well yet, but when they told me about the combination of people who where attending this party I was on my knees begging to go. It was 12 german punkers who were really bad at english, a few lesbians and topped with a sprinkle of creative computer geeks and a side of a really cool couple - a danish girl who lives in London with her japanse boyfriend, her english is really bad, and so is his, but they are just so in love eventhough they can't communitcate, and it's just SO cute! - To top it all off, Linda and Kasper live in an amazing apartment on the 6th floor with a view over the whole city, definetly the right place to see the fireworks at 12 a clock. So I HAD to go, atleast just to be a fly on the wall, a very well dressed and loud fly it turned out.
I spend the day shopping for a new dress, and ended up buying a lot more than that. Because of all the germans it was a vegetarian buffet for dinner and I had to cook something for that, and since the veggie kitchen is not where my strongest passion lies I just made a bulgur salad. I went in the afternoon to help Linda and Kasper, plus I also promised to use my makeup and hair skills on a few of the gals. We just hung out and had some champagne and I did Lindas and two really butch lesbians hair and makeup, one of them had actually never had eye makeup on, and became really scared of herself, it was really funny. Around 8 a clock people started arriving and we had some cocktails and had dinner. I must admit that I missed a bit of meat, but I survived. A lot of drinking followed, must admit that I was a bit dissapointed with the german crowd, that kept to themselves, but luckily the rest of the people were really nice and talkative and I had a good time. After midnight I took over the stereo in the hope of getting the party started with a good mix of rock classics and disco, but the germans had to go to another party and all of a sudden the rest of them wanted to go to a club as well. Linda and I decided that we weren't really up for going anywhere, we're both a bit afraid of fireworks and the chaos that usually ensues and a newyears night in Copenhagen. So we just had a lot of cocktails and went crazy to our common love of Suicidal Tendencies, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and Metallica. It was so perfect! I couldn't have had a better partner, who both shared a love of vodka and cranberry juice and late 80ies early 90ies Thrash. We collapesed around 5 in the morning and watched a bit of Mythbusters before we fell asleep.
Today I've spend eating leftovers from last night, and watching Family Guy and snoozing on the couch, It has been the perfect January 1st.
So far 2009 looks like it's gonna be an awesome year. I'm moving into my new apartment this weekend, it's nothing big or fancy, but it's really cheap, so I will have money to maintain my rock n' roll lifestyle and travel a bit. The most important thing is that it will me MY OWN place. I'm so sick ant tried of commuting 3 hours from my parents place to work and having to rely on my friends couches in the weekends. I'm sure that it's gonna be strange also, I've been living with someone for the last 5 years, and because I've been constantly around my friends and parents it hasn't really dawned on me that I'm alone. But I'm really excited about 'finding' myself again and getting into a daily routine of my own, I can feel that it's what I need to move on with my life.
I also still have the great job offer as color technician for Fudge that I have to sort out here in the beginning of January. We've been having a few meetings about it, but I need to be approved by the nordic boss, and he should be coming to Copenhagen soon. So we'll see how that goes, would be nice with an extra income in these slow times.
And in to weeks I'm going to Amsterdam for the first time to meet up with my good friend Ed, and have a bit of fun, heavy drinking and some more rock n' roll lifestyle.. I don't think we will smash the hotel room, but you never know!
So all in all, life is sweet.. 2009 is here to be abused and punished! (",)

1 comment:

Zakdaddy said...

What happened, did you lose your inspiration entirely? Not feeling too blog inspired myself at the moment, I'll just blame the weather!:D Anyway sounds like you're having fun, good luck with the new apartment, keep on keeping on... whatever than means?