Friday 14 November 2008

Beauty Fiend!

Here is the amazing work that Louise 'Baby Lou' has done on my back! The first picture is my first tattoo done by a guy called Danny at a place that was called 'Tiki Louge', which is now closed (I wonder why!).. I just wanted a tattoo so badly and everyone said that Danny was really good. I later found out that Danny is only really good when he 'feels like it'! But I lived happily with it for a few years, I did have a lot of scarring on it because he had went too deep.
When I started Hairdresser On Fire I met Louise, who's parlour is just across the street from the salon. We decided to do a cover up of Danny's work, ironically Louise has actually trained Danny when he first started tattooing, so I think she feels very conscious about the bad work he has done here and there. I went to Louise with a few pointers, I wanted: Color, Humor, and something personal, preferably in a old school/new school style.. And a few weeks later Louise came back to me yelling 'Scissors, scissors!!'.. I thought she had gone insane for a bit, but really liked the idea! And we pretty much took it from there.. I have never seen a drawing or anything of the whole thing, I just trust Louise's taste completely! So far it has taken about a year and a half, with a 4 hour session each month, and there is still a lot of work to be done on it.. All the cover up parts need more color + the bottom part need to be lightened up.. and it kinda keeps growing! hahah.. And then there are all the other projects and ideas that keep coming up! Does it ever stop?!


2 comments:

Zakdaddy said...

Wow, great stuff and a really good cover-up, love the eyeliners & lipsticks!:D

Miss On Fire said...

Yeah.. and she has somehow totally removed the scarring too.. as she told me 'massaged it away' with the needle! Ugh! That wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world!