Friday 14 November 2008

Music OCD!..

I have a very obsessive relationship to music.. I deliberately ruin songs for myself, because I get sooo obsessive that I can listen to the same track 100 times in a row without getting bored of it.. and then all of a sudden something else grabs my attention and another obsession starts!
Itunes is a very dangerous tool for me, because I just buy all these obsession songs, and it's so easy! If I get a song in my head and I don't have it on my Ipod, I HAVE to have it! When I get it, I listen to it over and over again until I've torn it completely apart.. It can also be a very small part of a song that I obsess about.. and I become the most annoying person to be around! If I'm listening to that song with friends or at a party I want everyone to see why this tiny little bridge part of the song is so amazing and I 'shhhh!' people! hahahah..
I also have a special relationship to lyrics, I always listen to the lyrics! And it can be the best music in the world, but if the lyrics are crap I don't like it! It usually takes me about 3-4 listens to know a lyric by heart.. and once I learn them, I never forget them! When I put on albums that I used to listen to in my teens I still know the lyrics! The annoying part of this is that I can't really turn it on and off, so if I hear pop stuff in the radio or on MTV (which is also why i try to avoid them!) I also learn the lyrics in a second.. the more catchy the song is the more quickly I know the lyrics to it!! This has often made me wonder.. If I compare my head to a computer, I am using a hell of a lot of harddisk space on saving crap stuff like Britneys greatest hits! So where is the button on me that can erase all the 'cookies'?!?!?
Anyways, I wanted to share a few songs that I'm obsessing about right now..

'Across 110th Street' by Bobby Womack -- Watched 'American Gangster' (great flick!) the other night and there it was.. I remember it from 'Jackie Brown' as well, but this time i had to have it!
It also made me buy 'Street life' by Randy Crawford, that I used to play on bass back in the day.. But what and awesome track, a great 'walking-around-town' track.. being gangsta! heheh..

'Land of Confusion' by Genesis -- I grew up with my parents listening to Genesis and Phil Collins, so it's always been kind of special to me, but I haven't heard it in ages! But I heard Disturbed's cover and wanted to hear the original version again, and it's really cool, and the quality of the recording compared to how old it is is amazing! It's almost as old as me.. heheh!

'Let's go' by Ministry -- The last sucker is an amazing album, and I love this track! I am soo making my dad an dreadlock Al Jourgensen wig for xmas! (",) I just feel like breaking something when I listen to this track!!

'The Artillery' by Pilgrimz -- Up and coming danish hardcore darlings.. When I first heard them I thought 'god, his vocals will get sooo annoying after a few listens!', but the opposite happened! They just got cooler.. I find myself waiting for the end of the song where he sings 'Send in a bit of my rock, send in a bit of my roll.. SEND IN A BIT OF MY METAL MOTHERFUCKER!'.. lurve that part!! When I hear vocals like that I wanna be a guy and be able to scream in the same way! I wanna be part of a 'stodder-kor' as we call it in danish!!

'Chemicals' by Scars on Broadway -- I find this song hilarious! Making a song that is so catchy that it could be a # 1 hit, with lyrics that are so explicit is just excellent! The lyrics is on the border of being 'Bad News'! It's such a good party and dancing song!


'#%!@ Mig Nu' by LOC -- Another Dane.. This time in danish as well! I just find his whole 'Melankolia/XXX Couture' album awesome! It's hip hop without all the 'I'm just soo cool and have loads of money' crap, but still with alot of feelings, inspired by the 7 deadly sins. The music is so good, a mix between conventional hip hop and trip hop... and apart from that I find the guy extremely sexy.. but that really has nothing to do with his music! hahah..

'Writer's Block' by Just Jack -- Yet another awesome album 'Overtones'! I think I've been through most of the tracks obsessively over the last 3-4 months, and 'Writer's Block' is my current fave! Love his British accent, and the way that it's hip hop a bit like The Streets, just more 'organic'.

'Handlebars' by Flobots -- It remind me of the stuff i listened to the the 90ies... and I love the way the lyric goes from innocent to world domination! I think it's time for some political music in the mainstream again!

'The Pot' by Tool -- I adore Tool, I already have masturbating frontrow date with a friend of mine for the next time they play in Copenhagen!! heheh!! I love the way that their albums seem like one big symphony that is meant to be heard from start to finish, but 'The Pot' is just too good a track not pick out!

No comments: