Monday 24 November 2008

Under Siege!

This little guy showed up at our doorstep yesterday afternoon. He was very attention seeking for a cat, so I said hi and made a new friend. If this was a normal cat it wouldn't be a problem, because they are usually very reserved and don't really care if you are interested in them. Now, the problem is that I'm a smoker, living in a non-smoking home. I go outside to smoke at least 4-5 times a day, and stand in the blistering cold and 'enjoy' my cigarette all by myself. So this little guy was just a nice bit of company for a cold afternoon. I checked him for ear-tattoo or collar, but he hasn't got either. Then when I was done smoking and wanted to go back inside the little fellow wanted to join me, I barely caught him before he reached the living room! Since then he has camped on our doorstep and it is hell getting in or out of the house without him trying to dodge you and slip inside! We had him inside three times last night, and when I went out to smoke he was very cuddly and climbed my jacket and ended in my arms (ups!), I am not that strong when it comes to animals, and he is just soooo cute!! (",)
This morning my dad had enough and tired to scare him off with water, and it helped for a little while. But he's just so stupid, as soon as my dad stopped spraying water on him he stopped running and came back to my dad! Very silly cat!! When we came home from town this afternoon he was nowhere to be found, and we thought he finally had gotten the point.. but no! When I was sitting here by my computer in the basement I heard a strange noise from the window, and there he is again! scratching and miaowing the against the window.. I've named him Garfield now, because he is just as annoying! The question is: Will we ever be rid of him?! (and I of course secretly want to adopt him! heheh!)

No comments: